At Oviedo Chiropractic we take pride in offering our patients Medical Massage therapy. Medical Massage therapy is different than a typical spa massage because it will focus on the root cause of the issue. Every patient that comes in for a medical massage will have a full evaluation by Dr. Cough. After your evaluation, Dr. Cough will speak with your massage therapist about the specific issue and develop a plan of action.
Medical Massage will consist of many different therapy techniques. Some of these techniques are:
- Deep Tissue Techniques – Our massage therapists will apply slow, firm pressure to release muscle tension, focusing on the deepest layers of muscle tissue, tendons, and the protective layer around your muscles, bones, and joints, known as fascia.
- Myofascial Lymphatic Drainage – There are many types of massage, but our myofascial lymphatic drainage is a gentle approach that moves fluid around the body, removing toxins and waste.
- Neural Relax Therapy – One of our pain management solutions is neural relax therapy, which focuses on medical conditions that lead to chronic pain. Our medical massage practitioners focus on massage techniques that provide long-lasting benefits.
- Contract/Relax Technique – Sometimes referred to as isotonic stretching, medical professionals recommend this stretch that utilizes the body’s natural reflexes. The body reacts to the contraction of a muscle, allowing for a deeper, and more therapeutic stretch for the corresponding muscle, for example, the quadricep and hamstring.
- PNF Stretching – Stands for proprioceptive neuromuscular facilitation, a real mouthful. In a nutshell, those reflexes are being used, just like Contract/Relax, but in more methods, such as Hold/Relax and Hold/Relax/Contract.
- Vacuum Cupping Technique – Cupping is all about increasing blood circulation to areas of the body, specifically where our medical massage therapists apply the cups. The suction used to remove air from the cup is mild, and the body responds by forming new connective tissue and creating new blood vessels.
- and much more!
Manual Therapies are covered by auto insurance, workers’ compensation, and by some health insurance policies. If your insurance does not cover the therapy sessions, we do offer a competitive cash rate of only $69 for your first hour-long session. If you follow up within a month it will only be $55! For 30-minute sessions, it is $45 your first time and $35 for a follow-up within 30 days.
Digna has been a practicing Licensed Massage Therapist for the past 12 years. Digna likes to specialize in myofascial lymphatic drainage, deep tissue, Swedish, and prenatal massages. Digna is also a certified yoga instructor. Digna completed her AAS degree from Nassau Community College in New York. She completed her LMT license from National Personal Training Institute. Lastly, Digna completed her Yoga instructor certificate from Yoga East.
Dianne has been a Licensed Massage Therapist for 22 years. She grew up in Royal Oak, Michigan. Dianne has 3 children and 4 grandchildren. Dianne has had several jobs in her life but she truly believes that massage therapy has been her calling. Dianne gets a lot of satisfaction that she is helping patients get through the phases of recovery.
Karen has been a Licensed Massage Therapist since 2010 and likes to specialize in Trigger Point Therapy. Her first job as a massage therapist was at a physical therapy office, where she learned Proprioceptive Neuromuscular Facilitation stretching as well as exercises to improve Range of Motion. Karen recently took a class on Cupping and is interested in learning more about it so she can start incorporating it to her sessions.
Yesenia has been a Licensed Massage Therapist since 2015. She graduated from the Central Florida School of Massage and specializes in Chronic Pain Management, Headaches and Migraines, Trigger Point Therapy and Isometric Stretching. Yesenia is a stroke survivor and is dedicated to help people that suffer from chronic pain and fatigue.
Paula has been a licensed Massage Therapist since 2011. She graduated from The Acupuncture and Massage College in Miami, Fl with a certification in Shiatsu Massage and Qigong. She continued her studies at The Beauty Schools of America, being accredited with a diploma in Spa Therapy.
Paula specializes in Headache and Migraine Relief, as well as Reflexology, Reiki, Breath-Work, Cranial-Sacral Therapy, Sports Massage, Post-Operative Lymphatic Drainage Massage and Lymphatic Drainage Massage.
Nicole has been a Massage Therapist for over 15 years. She attended Anthem College for her degree in Massage Therapy and specializes in headache relief as well as Stretching, Prenatal Massage and Deep Tissue Massage. Nicole grew up in St. Croix, the U.S.V.I and enjoys spending her free time with her family going to the beach and hosting family movie nights and game nights.
Rachael has been a licensed massage therapist for 2 years. She attended the Cortiva Institute for her studies and training. After working at a spa for a time, she gained more interest in Medical Massage. Rachael specializes in Myofascial Release, Trigger Point Therapy, Deep Tissue Massage and Swedish Massage. In her free time she likes to play video games, go to the beach and spend time with family and friends. Fun fact: she loves tacos.
Cheryl has been a Licensed Massage Therapist for three years. She studied at the Cortiva Institute in Maitland, FL and recently took courses in Neuromuscular Therapy. Cheryl specializes in Deep Tissue and Swedish Massage, as well as Trigger Point Therapy and Stretching. Cheryl has been living in Orlando for almost 30 years and enjoys traveling in her free time.
You may have heard of Swedish Massage and wondered what exactly that means.
Both a Swedish Massage and Deep Tissue Massage use similar strokes from the trained hands of a massage therapist, but Swedish Massages are typically much gentler. The key is the amount of pressure and area of focus.
A Deep Tissue Massage will target muscle and tendon injuries, whereas a more relaxation-focused massage targets the neck, shoulders, and back, and is commonly referred to as Swedish.
Whether you seek the healing touch of medical massage, trigger point therapy, or have a medical need for therapeutic massage, Oviedo Chiropractic is available six days each week to alleviate your pain and offer relief.
Call us today at 407-542-1614 or simply fill out a form right here.